Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a Looney's patent, but I commend them for dropping those row teams. I don't know anything about those particular teams but most clubs make appr $45,000 per teams for kids those age at the level that Looney's competes at. Looney's gave up $90,000 rather than take money for parents and put out a sub-par product for those two years. If I was one of the parents I would be fine with that, there are PLENTY of other clubs out there and as long as a kid can catch and throw he will be able to find a team.

Totally disagree. If the kids wanted to play together then they should be put in tournaments they will be competitive in. Do not go to tournaments to win or put your team in the Varsity A to get crushed. The boys and family could have still enjoyed the game of lacrosse. Wait until you go to the HS tournaments and you have a group of 17 year old kids playing JV A. LOL. It happens. HS tournaments have JV B, JV A, HS B, HS A, and some have HS AA. There is a place for any team that wants to enjoy the great sport of LAX. We played HS B last year with a group of Sophomores against a team of U19 from the Midwest. They were big but no stick work. HS B was fine for them and for us.

Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks, 91..etc, do you honestly think their top teams will play in competition like stated above? They are the top programs in the area and if they can't compete in the top brackets they most Limey won't have a team. These clubs are protecting their brand by doing so. Ther are plenty of other clubs in the area that will take your money and put a non-competitive team together, these clubs will not. People can complain all they want about what happened with the two Looney's teams, but it was the proper thing to do to protect their brand.