Originally Posted by Anonymous
No joke, my son told me a month ago that he is not interested in lacrosse anymore. He was the type of kid walking around with his fiddle stick all the time, I signed him up for clinics, privates and of coarse travel. I thought i was helping him but turns out that I was forcing him. He still wants to play PAL but as far as the other stuff, no go. So if you see a kid playing street/deck hockey (new love) wearing lacrosse gear and a big smile, that's him.

I know so many kids/parents in the same boat, and jumping ship. Youth lacrosse just isn't fun anymore. Everyone is so uptight. If your not a starter, you are basically paying for the rest of the team to play, a doormat. If you are a starter, you'd better perform or you will be replaced by some kid who just shows up to tournaments and is not even paying. Unless of course you are either the coaches son, or have your head so far up the coaches [lacrosse], that you're coming out the mouth. Yup, keep attending all those extra "clinics" which are just practices run by someone connected, so they can charge $$$ for what you can do in your yard for free. Just not fun anymore, good for you! Funny thing is that when your kid is not under pressure anymore, he will play much better, and actually enjoy the sport!