Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tops in the nation are likely

Mad Lax
BLC
WP

Not taking anything away from these clubs....all very reputable and consistently churn out top tier teams but seriously, national rankings for 4th graders?!?!? And I would love to hear the basis for this.

You realize that as these teams go forward, half of the roster (probably more) will turnover as kids enhance skills, hit growth spurts, add mass, etc.

I'm sure each team will have great seasons, but can we put the national rankings to the back burner for a few years (and spare me the whole 'my son takes pride in being on the best team in the country' angle..... that is all you. Your son wants to go out and play lax with the friends he has been with the past few seasons)

I actually think it's pretty relevant. He's not saying that these kids are going D1 or anything. This is just a question about which clubs are the best right now. Also, lets face it, how many LI clubs have played, or will play, any of those Maryland/ Virginia/DC clubs. Very few. Most on the Island look at WP as the bar to which travel clubs are judged. Most don't realize that there are several club just as good, and better, down south. Also, on a side note, I think its awesome that all of the best clubs down there play each other in winter/spring leagues before the summer season starts. What a great model of how to create the best possible competition.