Originally Posted by Anonymous
-Smaller Teacher to Student ratio has nothing to do with a students learning ability. Severn School has a very small Teacher to Student Ratio. Most of those kids end up in Ivy League Schools!! So I respectfully disagree.

"And as a added bonus there will not be anyone who believes in a different god then me"

Bingo!!! I am allowed to send my children to a Catholic Institution that teaches the values I believe in and follow. Contrary to your opinion you can keep your religious diversity. Ask Western European countries how that is working out for them!!!

No where in this thread does it say you can not chose to send your kid where you want. That said, let me know where it is your kids go as I would prefer my child not join you on your pedestal. Have you read the papers lately - both public and privates (including Catholic) have more then their share of non teaching of values and "scandals" - just because you believe something to be true, does not make it true. And being fearful of diversity does not make it go away. The reality is that diversity is the future of our country. Kids that can not understand this and can not accept it, regardless of their parents stance, will be set up for failure. We are thinking you are confused about the Christian faith/Catholicism as the faith (especially the Pope) do not share your opinion with respect to "keep your religious diversity".