Originally Posted by Anonymous
how about the crosschecks? the girls game is the most physical game next to NFL football. this picture from UNC / MD is something you see every game, all the time. NCAA ice hockey and even the pros a guy goes off for 2 mins. NCAA wlax the girl just goes 3 m behind!!!! big deal, the defense gets settled, the goalie sees the field and gets the D set.. it literally makes it a smart play to cross check and stop the other teams break? what other sport has rules like this??

You must have a daughter playing mid or attack. Most physical contact is initiated by the offensive players who think they can run through the whole team, run into double/triple teams and then get bailed out by the officials who make some nonsense call and REWARD the bad play by the offensive player. If officials called more charges and didn't reward FREE position 8m shots for bad offensive play there would be less physicality.

You're 100% correct. It is the most flawed system in all of sports. Not only that, but it encourages girls to hog the ball. Pitiful.

I agree as well. My daughter plays D and she is physical, but within the rules. I've told her if she continuously gets a mid or attack driving the crease but the ref refuses to call a charge, give her a crosscheck in the ribs. Makes her think twice about coming back in with such abandon. Part of the game.