Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have an elementary and middle school player. While I agree with the view that they aren't concerned about being recruited at that age, they have always had teammates who, at the encouragement of mom/ dad detest the idea of sharing the ball. The irony of the whole thing is that while they may get the accolades for goals they aren't necessarily the most popular teammate. Kids at this age want to be part of the game, not standing by while one or two girls who aren't always the most talented hold the ball. This is a result of misguided parents with scholarship $$$ in their eyes rather than the recruiting process itself
My daughter is committed to a top 15 lacrosse program and top 5 academic school. She committed in early October of her sophomore year and had several offers from top 20 lacrosse programs/top academic schools. She is very fortunate and she understands this. We have very mixed feelings about early recruiting but it is hard to turn down her dream school and we would not have let her commit at this age to many schools. However, this was a unique opportunity with a scholarship as well. She was not the top goal scorer and does pass a lot, contrary to the notion on this thread that you get rewarded for not passing and being a ball hog. My observation of the top girls being recruited is that the biggest common denominator is top level athleticism and speed. This could come through on draw controls, ground balls, redefending, defense, and general grit and hustle. It doesn't have to be goals.

Typical Stanford jerk. Always using any opportunity to let everyone know that they/their kid went/goes/going to Stanford. Funny thing about it is that they will likely be bottom quartile student there, and might do much better academically somewhere that isn't Stanford.

Gee let me tell them that it's a top 15 lax school. Now lets cross-reference it with top 5 academic school. Oh gosh they might think I'm talking about Princeton. Let me make sure to tell them she's getting a scholarship so they know it's not an Ivy. There, that should do it.

Typical jealous jerk.

Nope, nice try. Not the least bit jealous. Just so sick of people like you. You write a post ostensibly about your "mixed feelings" about early recruiting, but all it really is is a post you have written to brag about your daughter. Right down to how unbelievably unselfish and athletic she is. You indeed are a jerk.

My kid rejected Stanford so she wouldn't have to deal with the likes of you and your daughter.

Wow, how resentful, jealous and bitter can you be? Very sad to hear that you have passed on your small minded hateful mentality to your daughter. What other schools did you convince your daughter to reject? What school did your daughter decide to attend? It must be difficult getting through the day with such a closed mind. Good luck to your daughter. I hope she is able to broaden her views and develop an open mind. Maybe she will someday reject your limiting angry narrow mindset.

By the way, I have never been to Stanford, I do not know any current Stanford Students, I do not know any Stanford Graduates and none of my children are going to attend Stanford. I wish the girl and her proud family well.

Go Cardinal!