Originally Posted by Anonymous
At the end of the day it is all about coaches and league rules, especially at the early ages. Whatever happen to the 3 pass rule before a team could shoot. That forced kids to pass. It made them all of them better. And it wasn't three passes to two good players, three passes to different kids. Maybe this should be a US lacrosse rule in youth. It would be nice if they actually did something with there title, "As governing body"

This is what I grew up with and it amazing how good the team was when you start this young forcing the pass.

Get back to basics for majority. You will always have a few kids that are clearly better than others. This is life, and will get picked first,by schools. Also true for academics.

Good Post - What the governing body better remember is 95% or more of these kids don't play in college but do love the game and can be ambassadors of it. I loved baseball, still play softball in a fat guy beer league, still watch it on TV and I was a mid level player but my team always let me hit and play the field. Make the next Shannon's of the world pass the ball because only her parents care that her name is in Newsday and if you watch the college playoffs on TV nobody cares anymore except the parents and the handful of new commits. Attendance is down by well over 50% over the last 5 years. Coincidence? Probably not. 8th grade commits, endless worrying about giving the verbal. Me first play. Toxic parent sideline and the list goes on.