Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't people just worry about themselves and their own kids. I personally think that most of the complaints and issues are driven by parents that have unmotivated kids, and they watch the competition move further and further away. Just love your kid...not bash others.

This is not just an athletic things...it is acedemically as well.

These are the same parents who were happy that every kid gets a medal at the end of the season. Because they can lie to there own kid that they were great. Then stop to get them a slurpie or ice cream cone for them on way home. How about start parenting with reality, not leading your kid down a blind hallway. Please read the book Outliers....it all happens for a
Reason...like 10,000 hours..

"High achievers don't want to be around low achievers,
And low achievers are terrified of high achievers" ...not just kids....but mainly PARENTS....

Ok, so it sounds like you have everything all figured out. Must disagree with most of what you've said though. There is so much more involved with youth sports the's dsys. When you are a high achiever due to your hard work, you absolutely worry about your competition. That's how you prepare. I have also seen politics screw many fine, deserving athletes. Not my son, but others I know. Seen it happen many times.