Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter plays with The Florida 2018 team that this girl is on. Let's make sure we have it straight. It was a post on the teams facebook page that was picked up by a news agency. (to be honest up until this piont the teams Facebook page had very little visitors -sadly)-LOL)The parents didn't call the newspaper or any other source. The girls on the team knew this already. What made it public is non official visit players telling other recruits at schools when they were visiting. In addition to having to tell college coaches she was committed-contrary to other post you can't lie to college coaches or any other person in life when asked a question-not very ethical. Sometimes it is better to control information than to let it leak out with inaccurate information.

Time to move on....a week of this junk is enough.

gotcha. so the quote in the paper was made up. It is not time to move on from this subject. This exact subject is what is ruining kids sports. And yes it is driven by the very coaches who are basically saying save us from ourselves. But it is the children that are in the crosshairs. And no one cares about your children more than you, the parents. So stop the nonsense and take back control. The very parents that have the control are the ones with the most talented players. They actually can demand to wait. If the very top players said, no we're going to wait, the whole process would slow down. Coaches would wait to keep money available and things could start inching back the other way. So yes, it is an important subject to challenge these great players and their families to be a part of the solution, not the problem. They are the only ones other than the coaches that actually have control over the process.

Let me make sure that I understand what you are saying.

If a girl is offered admission and or a large scholarship to a school that the girl and her parents think is an all around great fit they should tell the coach no thanks I am going to wait. Is that what you are suggesting?

Tell Maryland, North Carolina, Syracuse, Northwestern, Penn State, Penn, Princeton, Yale, Stanford, USC, Boston College, Virginia, Georgetown etc... No thanks. Through in Duke and Notre Dame, Cornell, Darthmouth, Michigan etc.. they are months, not years behind the others. Yeah, that sounds like good advise.

Every player and family are in a unique situation and most parents have the ability to help guide their child. The best players will have their choice of the best schools. There is no "perfect" time to commit.