Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why would anyone want to attend the 25th best national university in the country in Ann arbor with some of the best athletics across all sports vs going to Pace at #192 and getting in a minivan from downtown Manhatten to travel to Westchester to play. Although Pace is connected in NYC I'm pretty sure a Michigan graduate gets the same job

It's one thing to be "let into" MIchigan, it's entirely another to get out! That has to be earned in the classroom. The average kid non-athlete getting into that school has a 95-98 GPA and 2000+ sats.... If your kid is substantially below that, he will not survive academically.

Not true ... I have a son who was a 80-85 high school student w 1800s. He went to a top 25 school and is doing just fine. There is a lot of support at these schools, and it is a lot harder getting in to these places than staying there. Not to mention that some kids mature academically later in terms of effort, time management etc. Certainly something to think about, but it is nowhere near as extreme as your post implies.
Finally some sanity. I cant believe some nice schools like Mercy, Molloy and Pace are being compared to some of the top schools in the country. The other post was right look to Columbia, Fordham and Baruch if you wanta business school in the city