Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thank you for your responses. Here is some more info: Adelphi/Mercy/Pace/Molloy have offered significant money and Pace/Mercy have new programs as well as fields and dorms. Coaches have been outstanding, and education based on students who attended are very good. Hofstra did not offer much but is DI, although the area looked scary and the coach was just ok. As far as education it seems ok, appears to be declining in recent years. Also dorms were very outdated. No interest in summer coaching, internship in NYC already lined up.

Hofstra is definitely the most expensive but has the highest entry requirements. Then its Adelphi, Molloy, Pace and in last by a high margin is Mercy. It sounds like lacrosse might be swaying you to the 2 weakest schools.

Adelphi is always in the hunt for the D2 national championship while Hofstra is a top 50 D1 program. It really depends on what your kid wants academically, financially and athletically.

I am guessing your son could go to Molloy and Mercy for almost free, Adelphi and Pace would be in the middle and D1 Hofstra would still be the most expensive. If its not Hofstra I would go Adelphi, Molloy, Pace and then Mercy. Lacrosse level and acadmics line up in the same sequence.

I think that advice has a LI slant to it. I think Pace is an excellent choice in this scenario. They have excellent business programs and connections in Westchester and NYC. They also have a vast amount of majors (Hofstra has more). I believe Pace graduation salaries are high than the LI's for one. Admittance might be slightly harder in the LI schools but end game is salary when you graduate

Pace Adelphi Hofstra Mercy (Molloy depends what you want)

Pace is a big business school but they let in kids starting with a 900 sat score. If your kid wants business in NYC area there are a ton of better academic choices. Sounds like the only reason they are being considered is because of lacrosse and in most cases if you are picking based on a sport its the wrong choice unless its an elite program. We have lived it....good luck!!