Originally Posted by Anonymous
We have D1 juniors fighting for playing time.

Impossible..... What school ?

Completely accurate on the girls side at 2-3 nassau county schools

Suffolk too - not always because the team is that good. More like the fact that just about anybody can give a verbal, doesn't mean they are one of the best players. Commits who barely see the field at mediocre programs.

Sounds to me like someone is jealous. "Just about anybody can give a verbal", really? I don't think that you have any idea how the recruiting process works. I will say that not all kids that are committed to play in college are equal. College programs are not equal either. There is a big difference between a top 10 - 20 D1 program and a middle of the road D1 program or any DII or DIII program (there are some very good players everywhere but they are the exception).

Try calling a top 20 coach and saying "hey, my daughter wants to commit. I heard that you will commit just about anybody". Let us know how that goes.

The top programs recruit the top players. That is how they stay at the top.
After the top players commit the top programs look to fill their slots with the next tier of player and on and on it goes.

The next tier programs do not lock up many of the top recruits, especially early. For example, Villanova, George Washiton, Binghamton, Quinnipiac, Lafayette etc... do not compete with North Carolina, Maryland, Virginia, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse etc... for the "Top Recruits".

If you would like to know where your daughter stands ask yourself the following questions:

In relation to others from around the country in the same grad year, When Did She Start Getting Recruited?

What schools "identified her and actively pursued and recruited her"? (what schools made offers)

When was an offer made, what was the offer and what caliber school made the offer?

Big difference between a kid who is recruited early and offered significant package by top 10 teams and a kid recruited by a mid tier program later in the process. There is eve a big difference in the top recruit at Maryland and the girl given the last spot in the same recruiting class.

Relax early recruit dad. The comment was in response to "D1 juniors" - nobody said anything about top programs or top players. That's the whole point - and you helped to support the argument - that not all D1 recruits are created equal.