Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let me get this straight, its a little early. Are you saying that you know people who moved out of high school districts because there was a better lacrosse player ahead of them. I don't believe any sane parent would do that. There has to be more to the story. Its not believable. The end of the lacrosse rainbow is what, making 700 dollars a game in the MLL, saving 10, 000 a year in college, or giving lessons making 50 bucks an hour. To uproot a family and go to another high school, because your current district has a better goalie or fogo, is just not believable.

This has definitely happened, and not just in lax. It usually happens by a kid living with a divorced parent other relative living in another district. If the family can afford it they may try the private school route. One prominent fogo, sophomore Hopkins commit from Suffolk just left his decent hs program where he was starting to attend private school.

There are plenty of school districts that lose their top players every year. Mainly to the privates. Let alone their middle of the road and bottom players. All things considered I am sure for all of them (since this is a lax site)Lacrosse is the last straw and deciding factor.

you may say parents are ridiculous for thinking this way, I say to each their own. 3 weeks before the next crop of athletes leave their districts for the privates. Good luck