Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a graduate of Smithtown East and a lacrosse program alumni nothing would please me more than a state championship. That being said I think they are a very talented team. I do have reservations about the coaching staff's ability to adjust during tight games. Take last year's County final for example. SE jumped out to a pretty good lead at the half. WM adjusted and tied it up to go to overtime. WM dominated in overtime and SE goalie stood on his head. SE scored and won it. Long Island championship pretty much the same thing but Syosset was overpowering and won it pretty handily. In both games SE didn't adjust to the other teams adjustment. It's a long road to the state title and you need more than talent to win it. I hope that I am wrong.

Is the Smithtown East coaching staff great? I don't know but I would say they are pretty good. They have been able to win back to back county championships. The first one they were certainly not the favorite and they found a way to win. Last year people expected them to win and they found a way to get it done. I don't recall any big adjustments made by the other team in the final game. I know they had a few different players fogo and one kid won cleanly in OT but thats about it. WM had a Stud attackman but he was unable to finish on that day. I think across the board Smithtown East was the better team and they proved it by winning. The coaching staff has been able to win with a large number of underclassmen and they have been able to win when the odds were against them. I think those are two signs that they are decent coaches. West Islip is the only program in the league that has a stronger coaching staff.