Originally Posted by Anonymous
I really doubt that 4th grade parents are holding back for lax purposes. I mean cmon. There are two kids on my son's team that are 10. One is a late June birthday and one is mid July. They are at private school (two different ones) and their parents decided in pre-k to hold back. For the sole purpose of wanting their kids to be the oldest in the class, not the youngest. Can't fault them for that. I would have done the same thing
PS. Their goal in life is not travel lacrosse and a earning a partial scholarship to Hofstra.

But that is the the point,they want them to be oldest. Then they will be dominant mentally and athletically/physically. It's a concept that catches up with them soon enough, but while that kid and his cheater parents get the edge, there are on age kids who miss out on the experience.

How exactly are they cheating? Their kids are in 4th grade and play with and against fourth graders on a fourth grade team. When these kids are seniors are you going to [lacrosse] that they should be in college?

Ok, it's not, johnnie's a stud. He's so much bigger than the others, it must be because of his parents!