Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sachem has an assistant taking over. They say seamless transition but that is just someone saying it. Lets see what happens this year.

Why are districts so willing to push out coaches that have great track records and are so dedicated to the program? I look at Sayville and have to cross my fingers and hope that doesn't happen in my district.

If 2 or 3 people complain enough, skittish AD's and superintendents will cave to the pressure. High School lax is crazy now. Look at the last few years....SWR, Sayville, Glenn, Sachem North, Huntington, HHHW, and a don't forget Smithtown West a bunch of years ago. Not one of these coaches deserved to be out of a job. These were coaches that put in a huge amount of time for their programs, but were treated poorly. It's HS not the pros. IMHO

I would imagine that it takes a lot more than two or three parents complaining. I would also like to believe that the complaints must have some merit. Parents saying "My son should be starting" is not going to get a coach removed. Bullying, abusive behavior, financial conflicts of interest or impropriety. Conduct unbecoming, legal issues etc...

Wrong. All it takes is someone who has a personal relationship with a board member. Most board members know nothing about athletics, coaches, etc and simply follow another board member's lead. SWR is a perfect example

That may be true for SWR, but it's a total blanket statement that isn't applicable anywhere else.