Hooray for your son. And by the way. No indictment on the club teams or directors. They are more than happy to receive your $$. It's the parents that drove this. PAL wasn't good enough. Middle school wasn't good enough. HS not good enough. And the unintended consequences? Kids playing year round. And you can say it's voluntary, but parents don't want their son to fall behind. So the best kids move in a certain direction and the masses follow. Are you saying the recruiting of 9th graders is a positive thing? Are you saying parents with limited resources have to pay thousands of dollars a year to just keep up with his teammates? I'm making a broader argument, and those with tunnel vision talk about their own son. My son is done. Graduated college. Played lower Division 1. He has said to me he probably won't let his son play lacrosse. And if he does, there is no way he is going to spend every summer, traversing the east coast tournament circuit. I guess if there is any silver lining, his education and experience has given him perspective, many of us have lost.