Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this a Sayville thread? Who cares about this third rate program?

Third rate? You really can't be serious. If you have a topic that you care to post about, no one is stopping you.

Sayville is a strong sports town across the board in many/most sports. Sad they ran guy out, but Sayville will always be strong, kids and parents are very sports orientated, which in turn led to some of the success the coach realized.

My boys all played for Coach D, went on to play in college and he was a great role model for each of them. You pompous idiots who caused this to happen and are supporting it can make all the BS excuses you want, this is NOT good for the program.
Thanks Coach D for all you did for our family. You were there when we needed you, I am truly sorry this has happened. Wherever you continue your coaching career will be better off with you.

He did a great job with the program. My question is, if he were such a great role model, leader, coach and maker of men, then why did so few come out in his defense? More people came out to get to get the asst coach back. His support of late is almost nothing. It just gives people the idea that just because there a 5 vocal supporters, most are fine with the decision.

Simple answer to that question. If 150 parents showed up and made a scene like they did at SWR, would that have changed the outcome? That's not what Coach D wanted and his wishes were honored. "Most are fine with the decision" proves you are not involved in the program. Couldn't be further from the truth.