Originally Posted by Anonymous
7.4m high school athletes.
460,000 play in college
That is 6% of HS players continuing to play
Of the 6% about 2% get athletic money

That's not my focus. I want my sons to learn life lessons, like I did, while playing the sport. Learn that hard work will yield good results, learn what it means to be a good teammate, learn how to be a leader, learn how to listen and then mentor younger kids, learn self discipline..... I want my guys to learn these things in the environment that was created by the founder of the program, not some flunky the BoE finds on a coaching scrap heap and plugs in because they have a personal beef with the current coach.

you are setting your kid up for failure if he is incapable of accepting change whether good or bad. Move on

Or he learns from his father that you fight for what you believe to be right. Accepting change? That's a weak line of reasoning. Are you a board member or a parent who is hoping they bring in a sycophant who will be led by the squeaky wheel parents?

Or he learns from his father how to beat a dead horse incessantly. You're so passionate but don't give a damn enough to to go to the BOE meeting to voice your support or displeasure. So what you're saying is that you will teach your son to [lacrosse] and moan only to people who can do nothing to help his cause. Nice job, Captain Life Lesson. You're like a faucet that won't stop dropping. Go away and find some constructive means to further your cause. Your banter has run its course here.