Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Why do you think you know so much? Why don't you ask the AD? You are obviously not a lax parent in the district but are close to the goings on? I've spoken to 3 of the coaches that were at that meeting. The all told me nothing was said about JV assistants being cut. One of the coaches was from the biggest program in town.

This situation is making our town's leaders look like petty egomaniacs. The coach works is tail off for the kids, is totally committed to getting the kids to be the best players and people they can be. My oldest son hardly played yet he always referred to coach CD in the warmest terms and repeated phrases he used to motivate the boys. He's obviously had a very positive impact on 100's of Sayville kids over the years. That's the guy I want influencing and shaping our kids. Bring back the guy who cares the most AND runs a highly successful program.

Whining parents doing anything to get their kids playing time is getting old.

School administrators (and all employers) are not legally allowed to discuss personnel matters with the public. Additionally, they are also not allowed to discuss individual student matters with the public.

Consequently, the REAL reason for the termination could be justified. But even if it's not, the system is what it is. If you don't like the system, then vote out the Board of Education in your respective districts. Better yet - run for office and get your like-minded friends to do the same. Put your voting "money" where your mouth is.

There is no "real" reason and that fact is widely known and why we are in the predicament that we find ourselves in. I vote people into office who I think will honorably represent my views and ideals. My child is a hard working student athlete who has been looking forward to playing for Coach D for the last two years. I'm not going to shrug my shoulders and say "oh well", when everyone close to the situation knows this decision was borne from emotion and embarrassment brought on by well informed parents who refused to be treated like children. Swallow your pride and do what's in the best interest of the student athletes who want to have a great varsity lacrosse experience at Sayville and become part of the tradition.

Sounds good in theory, but it doesn't change employment law. Good school administrators don't tell tales "out of school". The downside of having public meetings is that the full story is only known by one side. Board of Ed meetings are great places for parents to "vent" on PENDING issues, but the chances of getting someone reinstated are slim to none once the trigger has been pulled.

The Board is conducting an open search for the Varsity Lacrosse coaching position, is Coach D's name in the running? Pretty simple process to reinstate. If he is indeed the best candidate to fill the position, hire the guy and be done with it.