Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not a fan of early recruiting either but just take a look at the '18 and '19 classes - the pace of early recruiting appears to be accelerating if anything. Please explain why you have no doubt that it is idiotic as more and more top schools continue to do it. Denver Maryland and Cuse has jumped into the fray when just two years ago they were not involved. The emergence of the Big Ten now pits more teams against the ACC regarding early recruiting. I suspect it continues at a very fast pace.

Like the old saying in the investments world, it works until it doesn't work. We have no idea how good or bad ER is in terms of quality. Over next 2-3 years that plays out and we will know. My bet is you'll see programs like Drexel and Towson greatly benefitting from missing out or sitting out the early game. A lot of these coaches are very popular with their ADs and alums, but another 2-3 years of no FF and no ACC titles in Chapel Hill and Charlottesville, and...??? I too suspect it will continue and get even more extreme, and then blow up.