Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]No qualified person will touch this job now. You will have to get someone new to coaching Varsity or some dad.

Ya never know. Look what happened at SWR! [/quote

Yea, nice role model of cheating via holdbacks. Not a good person to advance the sport. I

He's a great person to advance the sport. Know all your facts before you come on here and lob criticisms.

SWR, Sayville, Huntington, Glenn- lots of coaches changing in recent years. Similar circumstances surrounding each. How soon till HS lax officially doesn't matter and the best kids only play "club"? Consider that a 7th grade game was on ESPN this past summer. When was the last HS lax game nationally televised? If ever

I think you're on to something here. Except for a few towns in either Nassau and Suffolk, along with a couple of the Catholics, the state of HS Lax is abysmal. Many of these HS coaches are completely clueless, about the evolution of the game, the recruiting process, training techniques, on and on. Most of these HS coaches constantly give the top travel kids aggravation about playing in top events. I feel like every season my son takes a step back playing the school season. I would love to see all school sports done away with. It's happening with soccer, where top kids forgo school to play on a an Elite Club. Further, every sport, for the most part can be played in the club circuit at a much higher level.