This is so sad. Welcome to the New American Way. Punish those who succeed where you failed. I guess you have to fight for your kid, because you know deep down in side that their failure was yours.

My kids know only the best players play. They've know it from day 1. If they want to be the ones playing, THEY need to make that happen by being the best at their position, working well in the team and keeping the coach happy. Because the coach is the boss. And in the real world you need to keep the boss happy - by being the best at your position, working well in the team AND ... keeping the boss happy. Sound familiar? There is no secret ingredient except hard work and playing nicely with others. And maybe if you work hard and you work smart one day you'll be the boss.

If you didn't teach your kid that shame on you for your failure as a parent. As a parent, I don't give a crap what sport my kids play as long as they learn those 3 things.

So if you're so smart that you think the coach is wrong, well, the position is available so maybe you should apply? Oh, maybe you don't know [lacrosse] about parenting or lacrosse either? You're under qualified for both it seems. But go ahead and punish the guy who spent a big portion of his life building the program from nothing so you can feel better.