Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you the same parent that plays his kid up but gets upset if a kid checks him and blows him up because he does not have the testosterone of the older kids yet? Then you run out on the field and yell that the game is unfair? I can see it now.

No, actually I'm not, and you would never see it with me - sorry to disappoint you. Although, you may be the parent that runs out there when my son blows up yours, and I'm SURE you're that parent on the sideline who says "there is no way that kid is 13" - I hear it at every game and tourney. Unfortunately, it's hard for some people to remember we're playing lacrosse and not checkers - they are holding sticks, not pool noodles. Truth is, there are a few kids on my son's 2020 team who are just over 5ft tall and 110 lbs or so, and they are 3 or 4 months older than him. Then, there are a few boys (including mine) who are 5'11" - 6'1", 165-185 lbs. It's a weird age, and boys sprout up at different rates. Like I keep saying, I completely disagree with reclassing and holdbacks, and I think it is cheating the system, but it isn't cheating by definition, unfortunately. Since I can't do anything about it, I just go with it...

Glad you finally are coming round. Its cheating..And most of us have a opinion when asked. Everyone is going with the flo if they want to play club lacrosse. But that doesnt mean we cant be pro active in this cheating the system. I give my opinion and write USL when I get a chance. I am not a sheep and just sit that and do nothing. If USL would come out strongly and actively against it, it might slowly change back to something that is in line with YOUTH sports.