Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interested to know how many of you think your HS coach or athletic administration should be fired.

Our district should get rid of the Ad and some other position which is like the head of Athletics. An Ad should make sure his house is in order. There are always two concerns when it comes to kids and sports winning on the field and winning in life.

As an AD you must first try to win on the field/court as an AD. If you can win on the field then you make sure your players are winners in life. If your players cannot win on the field and you are in one of the biggest districts on LI you need to be fired. You are doing something wrong.

Now if you have an Ad and another position which is in charge of sports and you are still losing in sports and your athletes are not the best of people, you don't twiddle your thumbs and say it is what it is. You work to make the community better by athletics. THATS YOUR JOB.

In my district, Both people need to be fired and the BOE needs to step in and be held accountable. In my district an athlete is going to die either on the field or off in the streets before it gets better.

In my day the AD was a friend a mentor and someone who you were scared $hitless of. The AD would also do anything for their athletes.