You got that right...Coaches want to see my third grader not the true third grade age kids...I am going to throw a tantrum if my prefirst isnt allowed to play down in third grade. It isnt fair to him or his recruiters....Dave Pietramala told me my third grader had some potential and he was glad he knew he was in third grade, Petro said he could care less about my son being a fourth garde age kid...Petro says its ok ...I say its ok...and all cheaters say it is ok...

Its cheating at the youth level..High School has always been grade..no one is arguing that...Youth sports was meant to be age base due to ethics, fairplay, morals, etc...But adults like you have helped take lacrosse down a less than ethical path...[/quote]

You're completely insane, and have totally missed my point, so let me try and put it into terminology that a simple mind can understand, hopefully. I said that I don't agree with the reclasses, but it is unfortunately something that is unavoidable unless the schools stop accepting them. Saying "adults like you have helped take lacrosse down a less than ethical path" is simply ignorant and incorrect - I don't believe in playing down, or holdbacks for sports reasons, and would never do so for my son. In fact, my son is a young 13 year old 8th grader, and is currently playing up and actually starting every game on his HS JV team in their fall league (and they are undefeated), so don't make foolish uninformed statements. With that said, unfortunately I don't make the rules, and neither do you. "Youth sports was meant to be age base due to ethics, fairplay, morals, etc" is simply your opinion - "meant to be" is an asinine thing to say - according to who? The fact is, there are U based teams which are age based, and there are grade based teams which are grade (and not age) based. If you don't like it, or your son can't handle it, don't play. My son has chosen to play grade based and play up, and has excelled, and is right there talent wise with a bunch of much older kids and is getting better at lacrosse because of it. Everyone needs to make their own choices. [/quote]

No I get the point as many others do. You can sum up your long novel in two sentences.
My son is superman the JV starter and plays up so what is the big deal. YOUTH sports is about winning at any cost....... Once again people like you are the reason that youth lacrosse has no moral balance now. You cant even comprehend that simple concept..
[/quote]

Good point - I'm doing exactly what you're wishing for which is that I won't hold my kid back, and also playing him up a grade, and that makes me completely unethical and immoral. Very simple concept to understand, I must be a complete moron to have missed that. Thanks for the clarification. [/quote]

No problem clarifying it. Maybe you are a complete moron, but I doubt it. The whole grade based format taking over YOUTH lacrosse is not about your superman son, but somehow you think it is?? JV and HS teams are grade base and always have been and will continue to be. And because a few college coaches recruit in 8th grade we need to change the entire way youth lacrosse is run?? Are you actually that easy to sway? There are over 400,000 thousand CHILDREN playing YOUTH lacrosse today...So for your superman son and a few hundred more we need to change the entire format. Yea ..you get it..[/quote]

First of all, let's get off of the superman thing. My son also has 2 8th grade teammates who are doing the same thing he is, so he is certainly not a "superman" as you say - he just happens to be a talented lacrosse player, as are many other kids on his team. Second, I'm not telling anyone to change a format - you are. The format is, there are grade based and age based teams, tourneys, and leagues, with elite club teams generally being grade based down to 2024 and lower. That is simply the way it is, and until US Lacrosse or whatever governing body changes it, that is what everyone has to live with. Most (if not all) rec formats are still U (age) based, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, so there is a venue for age based lacrosse. It just so happens that the higher end tourneys and teams are grade based, but it has been like that for quite a long time actually. Youth lacrosse has not changed the way it has been run, it's just that the club and tournament circuits have taken over rec and such, therefore the youth grade based teams/clubs are more visible and get more recognition than the age based teams. Bottom line is, I'll roll with the punches, and as long as my son wants to keep playing, he'll do so in whatever format is required. You cannot say it's cheating if there is no rule violation - you may not like it, but as long as players are playing in the appropriate category (meeting the age requirement for U based teams/tourneys and playing with their actual grade in grade based), there is no cheating going on.