Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Sayville Royalty post was spot on! These people consider anyone whose parents grew up outside of Sayville outsiders. They are cordial to their parents but do scheme against the kids. Nothing brings me more joy than to watch their children being dominated by such outsiders.Coach D is also considered an outsider and as such has never been liked by the Youth Lacrosse Board.They say he doesn't know about lacrosse...blah...blah..I tell them that you can't argue with success. They think that the Sayville boys are so talented that if we had a REAL coach we would win the County every year. Here's a tip our athletes are no better than the athletes in other towns! Some are great some are average and some are terrible. Just like everywhere else. It takes a good coach to recognize talent and to utilize it correctly in order to be successful. The man has been that! His crime was pissing off some suits on the school board because he stood up to them in the name of safety. I'll take a guy like that every time over some worm.

Sayville Royalty????? What the [lacrosse] are you clowns talking about? That may be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Posts like that make you look idiotic and ruin your credibility. These are the same kinds of statements and ideas that made you all come across as meatheads at the board meeting. I'm all for Coach getting his job back, but calling out a large percentage of the community like that is senseless and prejudicial.

The people causing the removal of Coach D should have been called out and if those statements are deemed prejudicial, maybe they are fitting. I still don't understand how a Board removes a coach because of the actions of parents. The decision was not intended to improve the program, it was an emotional reaction to a group of parents who fought for the benefit of the program.

Listen Mr. M, we're on the same side of the fence on this one. I never asked for, or even thought about, the coach being removed. But calling out people just because their family has strong roots in the community is just plain stupid. I fall into that category. So do many of my friends and our children. I've never, ever, exhibited the aforementioned characteristics and take great offense to them. If you're going to throw stones, be careful that your aim is good or you may alienate yourself even more.

Really? Then who will stand up for Coach D and the program?

Is there any chance Coach D will be rehired?