I have been watching this post with some interest as I am a Sayville resident. My son has not played for Coach D yet as he is in Middle School. My son has gone to some of the clinics and Coach has been nothing but nice to him and to me for that matter.My son plays for a very competitive travel team which pulls kids from all over the island, we even have a kid from NJ playing with us. Coach asked us to play for the Spartans and we declined. I told him my son will play for you someday and you will get a better player if he's playing with and against better competition. He agreed but still breaks chops when I run into him in town. Sayville is a great little town with great sports programs across the board. There's nothing wrong with being proud of that. Is there a little bit of I'm a native and you're not? Sure but all in good fun and if your kid can play believe me,they will gladly cheer for him (HS QB). I don't know the mans coaching style. I do think that he cares about the kids and the program has been successful. There will always be people that are unhappy with a coach especially if their kid's not playing. That happens everywhere. I went to Smithtown East and played lax there. It's a big school they graduate around 750 kids a year. Last year the lacrosse team had 14 D1 commits. Ten kids start. That means four backups are going to D1. Never mind the kids who are D2 or 3 caliber. Be happy that you live in a small nice little town and your kid ( who wouldn't see the field some places) gets to compete in a game he loves for a while longer. I don't think that a coach should lose his job over something like annoying a school board.IMHO