Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At Lehigh the 91 5th,6st,7th and 8th grade teams all won in their respective Brackets. 7th grade 91 group defeated a surprisingly strong Pride group made up of mostly 8th graders with a sprinkling of players from other grades (7 and 9 ).The 5th and 8th grade teams defeated the team named Victor who placed 4 teams in the finals but came up short in all. The surprise of the Tournament was the Turtles being upset by the aforementioned Victor 8th grade team.

I mentioned that Pride team on another thread and people did not agree that they were strong- that 8th grade team is stacked with solid, strong players. I was surprised when i saw them play. I do not have a kid on this team either- but no one ever mentions them. They are up there with some good teams. I look forward to seeing them play some of the bigger teams and hearing how they did.

They were surprisingly strong because as the first post said they had older players. One of the 91 players goes to Kellenberg 7th grade and recognized one of the Pride players as a sophmore at the High School.