Originally Posted by Anonymous
i don't have that big of a problem with kids moving around from team to team when they are young. A lot of factors come in to play. i see it on here all the time "so long as your kid is having fun and getting better" well what if they aren't? …reason for change 1..now he moves to a different team and really has a good year with a certain coach. Next year that coach moves to a different organization (happens a lot now) ..reason for change 2. Following year its apparent that your son/ daughter really likes the game but the team they are on is either over his/her head at this time in their life or the team is less serious about the game and plays less than your son/daughter would like…time for change 3. I'm sure there is a lot of "grass is greener" folks out there but sometimes its not the only reason. And if it is the reason, then so be it, throw it in as reason to change number 4. The fact is you have to be your childs advocate and put them in the best place you think is available to them. You may not always be right but its better than sitting back and doing nothing especially if you feel in your gut that a change would be best.

If your son is on a good competitive team, with good families and is getting better and having fun, don't go anywhere. Kids who have been on 5, 6 or 7 teams before HS, it is usually about the parents , not the kids. Then when they get older, you will see very good kids unable to find a quality team for their sons. The better clubs will already know all about them and stay away. It happens all the time. Being an advocate for your kid and being an a obstacle for your kid is a very thin line. How you behave while doing it will determine your kids future. Have seen a lot of people do it the wrong way this year!