Originally Posted by Anonymous

And that is fine as long as the kids are having fun and getting better.

You are making too much sense. NO room for that in this forum!! Some of these parents will learn the hard way and ruin it for their kids. Remember when we were young? Our passion for certain sports changed as we grew up.
My son plays for three different sports now. Right now, he loves playing them all. As much as I enjoy watching him play, I won't push him so hard that he starts to hate going.
If you choose to live vicariously through your son, don't worry. If YOUR dream doesn't work out for HIM, he can always work for my son someday!

Kids have to pursue their dreams and work for them. The answer is in facing challenges and achieving success. We call these types winners. No settling for less than his own expectations and no participation trophies for my son. And one thing I'm sure of is he won't be working for your son because what you describe is the kind of boy who follows, mine leads.

Really? Is that what you took from it? Sad
I never said that my son WOULDN'T be successful at lacrosse. If he is, great! I encourage him and my other kids to try their best at everything they do. Encourage but not as if his success in life depends on lacrosse. What I do know is that he is a leader and an A+ student and will be successful at whatever he puts his mind to but you wouldn't know that because you're too busy yelling at you kid. Try not to scream at him too much from the sideline. It's embarrassing him.
Based on what you wrote, you want your kid to pursue YOUR dream. Too bad he will never reach your goals. How many professional athletes have come from your high school's HISTORY? 3? 6? 10? none? How many Craig Biggios or Jumbo Elliotts did you know? Like I stated, he can come work for my son after he done crushing your dreams. [/quote]

Too funny how aggressive you are here but you advocate for such a passive approach, just remember that being a winner is a learned trait. [/quote]

Passive approach? No. Realistic approach? Yes. Winner? What would you know about winning? Hopefully, you will learn from this and lower your kid's lacrosse expectations. You can thank me the next time I pull up to your Drive-Thru window.