Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are at a level of a decent town team and usually that is what most of the team is. 2024 coach has very good credentials and believe team is made up of his northport kids . Watched a lot of tournament lax last year and did not see them play any of the top team teams and don't think it would have been close .

Don't listen to this fool. Besides pack and taz they are with everyone else. Avengers, express, igloo, TLI

Exactly. Besides Pack and Taz every other club team is at about the level of a good town team. The difference being you will pay $2K to play for the club team and couple of hundred dollars to play for the town team.
With so many clubs vying for players and a new one popping up almost every week the clubs are not what they used to be.
15 years ago the handful of club teams were elite teams with only the best players and everyone else played for town teams.
Now there are so many clubs that the vast majority are no better than the good town teams.
parents today think it is a status symbol to be on a club team so they keep shelling out whatever the cost to say their kid plays for a club. It's sad. we're making people rich who figured out a way to market a dream to naïve parents.

Yes..yes. We ALL get it. It's the Pack, Taz then the MLL and D1 college programs. What would the rest of us ever do without the pack/taz parents to impart their wisdom upon us.

I never said that. I merely said that they are the elite 2024 teams at this time. I have been around this sport for a long time. Played in HS but not college and both my boys played for good D2 programs but were not superstars. Many of those current "elite" players on Pack and Taz wont even start on their varsity team because they will be passed by other boys who haven't even picked up a stick yet or they will get burned out and just stop playing. Everything changes between 12 and 15 years old when they hit puberty. Don't burn your kids out. Let them be kids and have fun. I just hate what I see this sport becoming. It is going the way of baseball and soccer as a big money youth sport with everyone buying into the hype and chasing a pipedream.

Given the under achievement of you and your boys I'm not sure you should be giving the rest of us advice. Also, do you have a kid in this age group or are you just trolling around?

Under achievement? LOL....I guess you were an all-American stud weren't you? LOL I feel sorry for your son, he will never live up to your expectations.

I never thought of lacrosse as a means to an end for my boys but it did help them get into some good academic schools and they are both doing very well for themselves now.
And no, I do not have a son in the age group but I do have a nephew in the age group and I am still involved with the sport.