Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is the deal. All you people, especially you modern day lacrosse guys that scream daddy ball, lets define that better. There is nothing wrong with daddy coaching as long his son is either really good or the coach has an honest evaluation of their son and plays it appropriately. Most of the people I hear scream we don't hire dads is for one reason only. They don't have kids yet!! Its the 20/30 yr olds that have this disillusioned idea that lacrosse is some special sport where you had to play D 1 to coach. Get over yourself. Most you D 1 gusy suck at coaching.

A lot of Crabs coaches have sons that play for Crabs. For the most part though, they don't have the parents coaching the team their son plays for. Looney's could do the same, but I believe that almost every team is coached by the father of a player on the team. And no dad has an honest evaluation of their son.

Not doubt coaching your kid is difficult. Some are better than others at being realistic about their kid's abilities and managing kid/coach/parent dynamic. Personally I see many dad coaches at Looney's and other programs in the area that have prerequisite experience, passion for teaching kids & dedication while appropriately coaching their son.