Originally Posted by Anonymous
Plenty of quality players on those 30 horrible other teams. In fact many girls on those other 30 teams are or will be better than the chosen few who play on your chosen teams. Karma is a funky thing. My athletic part-time lacrosse player daughter will whip your little daughter when she decides to play full-time.......mark my words J**k A*S

That is a very true statement. And I have one of those "chosen few" daughters at the moment. But I know (and she knows btw which i think motivates her) that there are tons of great, athletic, driven girls out there. And only a few play lax right now. And only a few play for the "top" clubs.

Parents like to beat their chests about their daughters in lax (and of course they should be proud) but they don't seem to realize what a niche sport it is and that that is a main reason why many of their daughters get to play in college etc. If those same girls tried to "make it" in soccer or basketball, for instance, good luck (yes before u all go on about maggie bill etc there are some that would but not too many).

As lax grows, and more areas like California take to the game, we will see that little Suzy from Small Town LI isn't quite as good as we thought she was. This is the last group that will enjoy such an easy path to college w lax. Ten years from now it will have changed. And which LI or MD club team is best will not matter so much.

Best of luck to your daughter.