The team that got the wrong end of things was Moontown (I have no idea who they are or where they are from). As per Tourney Machine, the forfeit was for the last scheduled game, and it ensured that Orange made the CG at the expense of Mootown. The heat can not be used as an excuse because if it was too hot for the forfeited game, than it was too hot for the CG.

91 appears to be a great organization. They clearly know how to coach, and I can only assume the kids have fun and are getting better, simply because there are no shortage of families lining up to have their sons play with them. This seems to have been a poor business decision. This is a 91 owned tournament that appears to lack enrollment other than from 91 owned teams. What are teams going to think when word spreads as to what happened to Mootown? Not the best action to take if you want to attract non-91 clubs. And please, spare me with the "they are only 8 years old ... who cares ..." nonsense. If this is true, than why even have a championship game? I am sure the Mootown kids would have liked to have had an opportunity to have one more game.

It just seems to me that if I am running a for-profit tounament I would want the most teams possible. More teams means more profit. If it were also true that teams from clubs I own were competing, I would do everything in my power to be as gracious and sporting to my "guests" as possible, and eliminate even the perception of favoritism for my own clubs. I would think this would attract more business in the future. I know 91 wants to win 'ships for marketing purposes, but they will win plenty on merit alone.