Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i am happy that my youngest is going to be out of lacrosse by the time US Lacrosse ruins the summer travel circuit by going to age based instead of the correct and working grade based system. My son is a 2018 born in 2000 (age appropriate) and I want him to play against other kids in his grade for recruiting purposes. Playing against kids his age but in the grade below him will not help him get recruited or become a better player. if it's not broke don't fix it and don't change the rules because of a bunch of whiners who's kids can't compete. IMHO going to an aged based system will hurt kids that are age appropriate because they will play against kids in the recruiting year below and not improve and not get recruited.

Your kid and those of his talent level are welcome to play UP and garner advanced attention that way.
Playing age appropriate does not ruin summer lacrosse. Playing down does.
Also the system IS broken that's why the change is coming.

I just posted in the 2018 thread a solution of age based to a level e.g. U15? And then go grade for the JV and Varsity years. My rationale is that at the HS level the blending the ages seems to be a lot less disparate.

It is a simple fix. Besides the few people like this supposedly " my son is great and doesnt want to play against anyone that is his age but not grade " . Most know that age base teams up to U15 are the right way to go..Like U11, u12 U13, etc...All HS teams should be grade base.

Like the other poster said..You are free to play up any time you want. But I doubt he will..only that is for us masses!