Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous] LOL. Why yes. That would make it U13, U11, etc. And everybody bitched about that. Apparently our society has gotten to the point that it is a social injustice for an 13 yr old to play a sport against some 15 yr olds. It seems the only acceptable solution to some of these parents is for kids to only play other kids their age. Funny, that's the way it always was and everything was fine. Holdbacks probably make up less than 5% of the lacrosse playing population. This is all so stupid.

No, it is a legitimate safety issue for 13 year olds to play 15 year olds in a sport that sometimes includes intense physical contact, which is why sports like football and hockey have taken steps to correct.

Glad it is not an issue in your neighborhood but it certainly is for parents who have to watch their kids take the field against team who, almost to a man, are 6" taller and 30-40 lbs heavier, hope you never have to experience that.

That's funny. The pop warner nationals have divisions for 10-12 and 12-15. I just can't imagine how they aren't killing each other. Jesus this a ridiculous argument. When did it become a requirement that 12 year olds could only play against 12 year olds? in our crazy PC coddling society I guess. God forbid little jimmy had to play against someone 30 lbs bigger than him. It's a much better lesson that we can arrange it that you will only ever compete against kids the exact same size as you. Good luck in life. My kids are all on age. It's good for them to play bigger kids from time to time.

Great job creating a straw man and then flogging it.

No one is advocating that 12 year olds can only play 12 year olds. I am glad your kids are on age (so is mine). Just as your kids play bigger kids, so does mine. Hurray for you.

What I do get tired of is when my son and his team (all on age and all pretty good sized boys) go to Maryland and are consistently playing teams on which not some, but all of the players are several years older, 4 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier. I guess 12 and 13 year old boys in the 7th grade are just bigger in Maryland.

The issue (and it is an issue) is the farce that the Club teams are creating by first insisting on grade based teams and then manipulating the rules so that grade level means nothing and all that counts is playing entire teams down.

I am all for a challenge, but when the game is rigged, it is annoying.

Than stay home, PLEASE

Spoken like a true tough guy who wants an advantage for him but not the rest. How about this tough guy play up and see how it feels..Oh that might be a disadvantage to you. Too funny

What's funny NY tough guy is your blood boiling.....its OK Ryan will take your money. Just wipe the hair grease off it first