Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's not buying your way on diirectly. If one spends gobs and gobs of money on tuitions, travel, uniforms, training, camps etc, one should expect some lobbying on their behalf from the organization and coaches taking the money. If it is a large difference in talent a kid won't be denied. But many of the make or break kids are very close talentwise, that's where the politics come into play. Sucks? Sure does, but that's the way it goes. Your time may be better spent kissing someones a$$ and shmoozing the higher ups, than bitching about it on a message board.
This is by far the best, most honest post on the subject. Unfortunately, I , along with other parents teach our kids to not kiss a$$, so in lacrosse our kids will suffer. I have no doubt that my daughters hard work ( no matter what camps, and directors get paid ) will achieve her lax goals without this event. In my mind L.I. has the best players bar none . If the best players got picked, all the tams should win there brackets

Taking this way too far. If it's just a tournament and you could care less then why all the verbal diarrhea? Let it go and move on then. If not you prove the sour grapes theory.
With people like you we will never prove the theory, You will just say that your kid is better because she made the team , You have a very small 1 tracked mind, and you will do and say anything to dismiss the fact that your kid probably only got on a team because you paid the correct camp/club. I'll be the first to admit that we live in a world of haves, & have not's , you have, we have not . That does not mean you or your daughter deserve it, or in any way better. just that you pay more , and cry louder to people in charge. Like I said , if the best girls are on the team they will win , if not they lose, will you admit it if they lose, no you're the type to come up with an excuse , or blame someone els. I.E. you're the loser.

This brings whining to a new level! Holy Crap! You actually think that Maryland doesn't have good players? Who knows who will win. LI won just the third division last year. Some of the other teams have practiced. The LI teams don't. Whether they win or lose means nothing. What is pathetic is that you will probably hope LI loses to make yourself feel better. If your daughter was good enough to be on team 1, there is no way she was overlooked for all the teams. I am not saying there are no politics at all but there were many coaches from differnt clubs/schools/towns. If you are that good you will be put on a team. I bet most of the selections were right! It is amazing how people will put down other kids for their own agenda!