Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is T91MD planning on committing to not having any reclassifiers on their MD teams?

Have no idea, But the teams will be based in Maryland and that would put T91 at an disadvantage against all other top clubs in MD if T91 didn't take holdbacks.

Not true-there are plenty of.maryland teams without holdbacks. All clubs, coaches and parents in Maryland are not okay with the holdback model.

Well it's not FCA or Crabs ... so who cares? They seem to be the only clubs in Maryland that have any success in notable events. The other 30 clubs are "advanced rec" clubs... some more "advanced" than others.... but irrelevant nationally for the most part -- some anomalous age groups within programs are interesting but as a whole they are money grabs. I know, I know... Your Jimmy plays for the LAXMASTERS and they won a tournament in Haiti last winter and they are CO-MMITTED! to age-specific criteria... so what. Jimmy will try out for the Crabs next year and if they tell him to, Jimmy will go to Boy's Latin for his 2nd round of 8th Grade. The machine is running hard ... there is no turning back now.

That is really funny. FCA definitely is not a force in every age group. And Crabs...well they just win with holdbacks so pretty much everyone throws them out of the equation.

FCA is on the road to becoming a force in every age group and like the Crab's system or not, they win a very high % of their games. Breakers is relevant in two age groups and Looneys in one and that is it outside of FCA and Crabs (I am talking about the greater Baltimore area). The last thing this area needs is another club program, even if it is 91 or Madlax. Parents, do yourselves and your sons and daughters (the girls club system is arguably more diluted) a big favor, get involved in your MYLA program and help it keep its good players until at least the 5th grade. Keep the club programs at bay for as long as you can.