The team you questioned had 3 teams at McGrath and won the championship with 2 of them. 2025 was all 2nd graders and won, 2019 was a mix of about 60% 7th graders playing up and the rest were 8th in their natural bracket and won. 2021 played their first game against a team that had at least 6 7th/8th graders as they are from the same general area and everyone knows those kids. They are also the same kids they played all game and still only won by a couple of goals. Plus it's the worst I've seen that team play - not only that game all tournament long. They deserved to lose. 2021 went 1-2 losing to that team and another that ended up winning the whole tournament in that bracket they were very good from Franklin Square.

As a parent with my kid on one of the three teams and this being our first year with them. We actually stayed to watch their younger team play and it was the best game we saw all day. It literally came down to the last second. Both teams played great!

All games we saw not even ours were competitive and the tournament is run for the right reasons. THESE ARE KIDS! I know we forget that but it's kids and they had fun and it was well run. We hope we are back there next year.