Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lacrosse really does seem to be the only sport that supports this practice. How come the governing body, U.S. LAX, can't enforce any guidelines?

I think we all should just inundate US LAX email with this concern, maybe even take a day where we all decide to call at various different times of the day!

Because travel lax has never been bigger, so US Lax caters to the clubs and not the individuals. They could have to player cards years ago but didn't. The clubs just want to win and place kids in college so they are the biggest rule benders because it suits their FOR PROFIT business model. Bet your house that none of this changes - BUT MANY ARE REALLY GOOD IDEAS being shared by people who love and know the sport.

I'll take your bet. Please message your address so I can see if it's worth it.

US Lacrosse has been working on the right way to roll out an effective program of age verification for several years. They do in fact listen to the feedback we give.
As you can imagine there are security issues involved with documentation that parents will be required to submit and they have solved that. The software is in place and pilot programs are rolling out in the fall.

Your comment stating that US Lacrosse caters to the clubs because of money couldn't be further from accurate. They are committed to making necessary changes as times change while keeping the tradition of the game in place. It's no small task. Just look at your child's teams that have 22 players and witness the arguments and disagreements that take place within that small sphere. Imagine trying to properly guide the entire lacrosse playing world?

Give your feedback with issues and changes you think would be beneficial to our game.

Back of the Cage