Originally Posted by Anonymous
BTW I never said he wasn't a good coach just that he shouldn't have been there openly lobbying for his kids. That's what people are pissed at I think. My kid made team 3 so she is happy but many are not.

Lobbying? My understanding is that each coach gives a grade at a prticular station, then they add up the grades and the kids with the highest grades get put on the top team and so on! Do you really think he was going from coach to coach persuading them to rate the kids he knows higher? Maybe he graded them high, but that is a small percentage of the overall grade. Do you think it might be possible that the Mt Sinai kids are actually good players? Most of their kids made team 1 and 2 so regardless of his scoring other coaches must have thought they can play. These are teenage girls who work hard. Posts like yours, attempt to taint their accomplishments in a public forum. You have NO facts, just speculation. i am sure your daughter works hard too and I am also confident you would not want anyone saying she didn't earn her spot!!! Like an earlier poster wrote. If you have a gripe contact US lax. Don't take shots at kids (indirectly or directly). BTW the whole "Tryout Crashers" Really wasn't that funny! You need better material. I am always up for a good laugh!