Originally Posted by Anonymous
of course not, my point was really to the YJ bashers. whatever team the girls make is a great accomplishment, I'm saddened it's being turned into such a controversial event.

I agree and I am not a yj parent. There is a way to go about making changes if one is truly interested. In fact the US Lacrosse representative gave his personal email on this very thread. You would think that would stop the posts and begin the repairs to the system some are claiming to be needed. It has not. We will continue to see the vitriolic and argumentative posts because let's face it, we all know these types, they have an outlet and by God they will talk to anyone who will listen. US Lacrosse will surely listen to those who contact them and choose to be constructive which is where your energy should be focused.

Its hard enough mixing club and school ball and all the politics, add in a showcase tournament team sanctioned by another organization it gets real dicey. Here's one way US lax could run try outs- find/hire evaluators from out of region to pick team members from jersey numbers at try outs, with no names and no affiliations listed. In the end there will still be many yj's to make the team because they are good and there are a million of them.

I feel the system in place is fine. However the Mt Sinai coach who will be starring in the sequel to "Wedding Crashers", titled "Tryout Crashers", starring Danny Devito as Al Bertalone should not have been there. Not sure if Mr. Devito can pull off the constant annoying sideline instruction but he is a talented actor so we will wait for the reviews. Coming soon to a tournament near you this summer.