Originally Posted by Anonymous
of course not, my point was really to the YJ bashers. whatever team the girls make is a great accomplishment, I'm saddened it's being turned into such a controversial event.
It's controversial only because politics get involved. From selection at the school level, to the selection at try-outs. It is no longer about the best girl being chosen, but who plays for what club, and who is favored by coaches. I remember a time when we all played as hard as we could for the jersey on our back that day. Club loyalty has seeped into the high schools and its no longer about pride in you school. It's all about how many girls from this club or that club. I'm ashamed for the sport. This is a sad time

A little dramatic are we? The only reason this is an issue is that this website provides a forum for whining. I am sure some very good players got overlooked! I am also sure that some very good players got overlooked in the past. EVERY tryout has some level of politics. With 3 teams playing I am sure MOST of the very good players were picked correctly. Understand that if a coach has a familiarity of a player it may subconciously or conciously sway their assessment of that player. I also beleive that evaluators do not want to grade a kid high that they know is not a good player! In the end MOST of the picks will be right! For those that were left out, it sucks, but don't diminish the accomplishments of the kids who made it! They are all good players and I am sure well deserving! Lets not teach these kids to blame the system! It doesn't do them any good! Teach them to stick with it and if they work hard they will be noticed for another opportunity!

Well said!