Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
of course not, my point was really to the YJ bashers. whatever team the girls make is a great accomplishment, I'm saddened it's being turned into such a controversial event.
It's controversial only because politics get involved. From selection at the school level, to the selection at try-outs. It is no longer about the best girl being chosen, but who plays for what club, and who is favored by coaches. I remember a time when we all played as hard as we could for the jersey on our back that day. Club loyalty has seeped into the high schools and its no longer about pride in you school. It's all about how many girls from this club or that club. I'm ashamed for the sport. This is a sad time

You couldn't be more wrong. It is simply not true. Makes for good banter though.
Simply put there are more girls than ever before playing the game and it has become as competitive as any other main stream sport. Some cannot handle the rejection at elite tryouts or elite HS programs and choose to complain and miss teaching their girls to rebound and overcome. I am ashamed so many parents share your outlook.