Originally Posted by Anonymous
1. The number is nowhere close to 8

2. Some of the "new" kids were always 2020, but had been playing up last year

3. A handful of their 2019 kids decided to reclassify and they are now playing with kids in their grade

4. You are simply mad because, after losing to this team, some parents of rival MD clubs are trying to stir the pot, so now you have your "well, THAT'S why we lost" excuse

It's youth sports. It doesn't matter who wins a random tournament. All this ranting just makes you LI parents look like lunatics.

No worries we will bring our "I promise to pg kids" onto our teams and match you age for age. You can be a lunatic then too.

What I do not get- kids all over the US are fighting hard to get spots and be brought up to JV in MS or Varsity as a freshman and the prestige is being able to play with the older kids. Who told you that playing 1-2 years below your grade was prestigious? Great- it will get you looks, maybe a spot on the bench- but when a coach is recruiting- do you not think they are going to be looking at the kids that can play with the older ones, rather than run with the young ones? Eventually all kids catch up- and grow a beard. Won't it be sad for the big 8th grader that reclassed to find that he is among a group of men 2-3 years later and no longer a stand out. He got a spot, but will that coach still want him? I'd be wary. No crazies over here- staying within your grade sounds a lot more sane than crazy which would be taking that gamble. GL to all these kids because in the end- no one cares if your 8th, 9th, 10th grade team wins- they are looking at individuals, with skill, perseverance, determination, heart and soul. It will not matter if you reclassed or not- if you have the skill, they will want you, even if they offered someone an earlier spot.