Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bet not zero kids born after 9/1 cutoff.

No accusation - just seems like most top 2021 teams have a handful of older kids. Doesn't make them holdbacks of course, as I think the 9/1 cutoff should probably be moved to 8/1 and now [lacrosse]'s tournaments have moved to 6/1. But an average team age a few months older makes a difference.

If there were no holdbacks on the team, regardless of their ages now, they were all the same age on the first day of school, what more can you do. I have devised a few strategies to avoid the disaster of a kid having to play against a kid that is a whole six months older. Split the year in halves, 8/1 through 1/31 would be 2021-A, 2/1 through 7/31 would be 2021-B. The calendar could also be split into quarters, that way you would only have to play against kids in your three month window. The third option is for parent's to forget about Valentine's Day, and think about National Letter of Intent Conception Day, the second Saturday in November, this will ensure that mid August baby that everyone seems to desire. We have blamed leagues, club coaches, school coaches, club directors, school systems and states for the Aug 1st cutoff and the whole time the problem was as simple as not being able to count to nine and a total blatant,disregard for N.L.I.C. Day.