Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really think if we are going to talk "holdbacks" it should be defined for this age level. I really doubt a parent at this age level was thinking six years ago I am going to have my kid do a Pre-K or 1ST for lacrosse potential in the future. If this is the thinking process they must have had some palm reading based on the direction lacrosse was heading. Hold Backs should really be referred to as kids repeating a 8th grade year prior to their true freshman year or we should be looking 8-12 years down the road when you can see how many kids have actually done a pre-1st grade year based of the direction lax has headed. When was the first 8th grade verbal commit confirmed?

You obviously are not a MIAA school parent. Kids are held back in Pre first overwhelmingly for sports in the MIAA schools. There are of course a few that arent. Most are fully able to go on to FIRST grade.Unless your child is born in Sept-Dec range and you are a sports Dad or Mom..You know the drill..Hold him back or its lights out as he will constantly be competing against older children in the MIAA schools. And before you run your text..I have two children in there and both play multiple sports....Little tidbit clueless..One of my sons entire class had over 50% of the boys heldback...Most played sports...