Originally Posted by Anonymous
"If a team is ahead by four goals, the team with fewer goals gets possession at the center of the field and this player may run or pass, but may not shoot unless another player has played the ball. The team with fewer goals may choose to start with a draw."
I like and hate this rule at the same time. It's a popular town team leauge thing to do and most good tournaments don't allow it (I can't believe US Lacrosse is supporting this). But I do see the value in giving a less competitive team a break. However it should have no place in any tournament as I have seen many games where teams have come back from 4, 5, 6 goals down and win without taking posession without a face off. I think that if the team that is losing by 4 or more goals elects to take posession without a faceoff, they should forfiet the right to "win" the game and potentially go to a playoff game. Or god forbid if it happens in a playoff game, it's just an advantage given to one team and not the other, and in the spirit of fair rules should never happen in a real tournament.

Same logic apply s to the two pass rule , a team may not score a few goals because they have to make two passes. I think these rules are fine for PAL games and PAL tournaments, I would not apply them to elite teams in outside competition for the reason you stated above