Originally Posted by Anonymous
Somehow winning a County championship seems unfulfilling given the expectations SE had. Perhaps playing a light schedule didn't prepare SE for a battle tested Syosset team. I agree they will be back next year but 2015 has to be considered a huge disappointment.

Two things to address; the light schedule this year and repeating next year.

Strength of league play/
I am not sure id say it was weak, if you do not subscribe to my point of view lets agree to disagree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I see every conference as weak if Suffolk is weak. Would it be any different next year if all the Suffolk playoff teams were in one conference. Making a theoretical power conference of 16 team conference would you still consider it weak. But if that was done, only play 12 of those teams and open up the rest of the schedule to play 4 non conference games with 1 sect 8, 1 Sect 1, 1 NYS team (regardless of Level), 1 out of state team. This allows for a good comparison of teams across the state and Island before the playoffs.

Repeating has a lot to do with succession planning/
What team return 70% or more of their starters, of that what are the grad yrs. SE seems to of had plenty of jrs/sophs which would make you think they will be strong again. Without names can you run down the Grad years of the following 2015 Playoff teams (xx srs, xx jrs, xx soph, xx frosh, xx ms). I would do it but I cant find a reliable roster on line.
SE
WM
NP
SW
Quot
SN
HHE
WI
BS
HHW
SE
Mack